The type of Facebook ad you want to create for your business depends upon your objective for creating a Facebook advertisement. The objective can be to increase brand awareness, reach, traffic, etc. There are two ways to create an ad; using an existing post or creating a new ad.
Using an existing post
You can use this option to boost an existing post. To do this, select the ‘Use Existing Post’ option from the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard. From here, you can choose which Page you’d like to select a post from and pick an individual post from that Page to use as your ad.
Creating a new advertisement
If you want to create a new advertisement, you first need to select a format. Facebook currently offers 5 various formats for advertisements:
- Carousel: Create an advert with 2 or more scrollable images or videos
- Single image: Create up to 6 variations of your advert using 1 image
- Single video: Create an advert with one video
- Slideshow: Create a looping video advert with up to 10 images
- Canvas: Tell a more immersive story by combining images and videos
After you select the format, then you need to add the content. Make sure to make your ad enticing and attractive for your target customers.
While uploading new content, be sure to adhere to facebook design guidelines.
Ad Headline: 25 characters
Image ratio: 1.91:1
Image resolution (including CTA): 1080 x 1080 pixels
Image ratio: 1:1
Text: 125 characters
Headline: 40 characters
Link description: 20 characters
- Format: .MOV or .MP4 files
- Resolution: at least 720p
- File size: 2.3 GB max.
- Recommended aspect ratio: widescreen (16:9)
- Facebook: 60 minutes max.
- Instagram: 60 seconds max