How to Build Your Email List
Yaani PatelJuly 22, 20226 min reads
Aashish Kasma & Vedika PandeySep 14, 20225 min reads
Simran DistvarJan 25, 202310 min reads
As a business owner, it is always exciting to build and grow your email list. Let us learn how to build your email list.
Use lead magnets
To grow your email list, you need to attract people with a compelling offer. This offer is the lead magnet. It is something that you give away for free in exchange for an email address. Some popular lead magnet examples are:
- A cheat sheet of tips or resources
- White papers or case studies
- A webinar
- Free trials or samples
- A free quote or consultation
- Quizzes or a self-assessment
- A coupon
Conditions for an effective lead magnets:
A good lead magnet should provide value for free. Other conditions to make an effective lead magnet are:
- Easy to consume: Lead magnets are only effective when the audience uses them. So using a digital format such as pdf, webpage, or a video, makes it easy to use and obtain for your new leads.
- Actionable: Lead magnets should provide some solution or an actionable tool or skill set that your new leads can apply.
- Creates noticeable improvement: People will only continue to keep buying your products or services if they work well. Your lead magnet will become successful if it’s as valuable as your products and services.
- Relevant: Every new lead is in a different stage of the buyer’s journey. Segmenting the lead magnets is important so you can share relevant content as per each segment.
- Stepping stone to paid subscription: The purpose of providing a free lead magnet is to convert the new leads into paid subscribers. You offer free content which provides a small insight into the services you provide. So a lead magnet should be such that it converts those leads.
Create an enticing opt-in form
Opt-in forms convey the benefit of the lead magnet to your subscribers, so the new visitors to your website subscribe to your email list in exchange for getting the lead magnet.
Some tips for creating a good opt-in form:
- Attractive design: Your form should stand out and be visually attractive so that people sign up. Try to include an image of the lead magnet if you can.
- Enticing headline: Your headline should clearly describe the big benefit of your lead magnet to customers so they are compelled to read further.
- Helpful description: Description should be short and to the point.
- Simple form: Don’t ask too many details in the form as this causes customers to abandon filling it out. Just ask for basic information such as name and email address.
- Compelling subscribe button: Make sure to make the subscribe button a contrasting color so that it really pops out on the page.
Read our other articles in our Series on Email Marketing:
Lucent Innovation is a full-service Shopify web design and development company. We build ecommerce websites that are ready to sell, scale, and grow.
Contact us for your next project: