MEAN stack Development - Tool for the Modern Web Developer
A surge in technological development and the use of web-powered applications has led to an evolution in tech stacks amongst developers. They try to adopt certain ways of modifying and enhancing the applications by choosing technology stacks that will empower the web. Here we are going to focus on the MEAN stack and its meaning and applications.
What is MEAN Stack?
The stack is made up of:
There are also variations to the MEAN stack like MERN (replacing Angular.js with React.js) and MEVN (using Vue.js). But the MEAN stack is one of the most utilized and adapted technology concepts for building web applications.
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a cross-platform, open-source database designed in the C++ programming language. It saves data in the Binary JSON format, which uses key-value pairs to store data. Because of its document-oriented design, it's also known as a NoSQL database.
What is ExpressJS?
Furthermore, ExpressJS is considered a de-facto Node.js framework, which means it is heavily influenced by Sinatra, a popular Ruby on Rails framework.
What is AngularJS?
AngularJS allows developers to use HTML as their template language, allowing them to extend HTML's syntax to represent native and divergent components of their applications. Furthermore, AngularJS has unique capabilities such as injection dependence and data binding methods, which are used to minimize the need to write numerous lines of code and bind them into a single component.
What is Node.js?
Additionally, Node.js employs a model that is non-blocking and event-driven. This paradigm makes it simpler and more efficient, as well as lightweight and ideal for data-intensive and real-time applications that run on a variety of distributed systems, including macOS, Windows, and Linux.
The architecture of the MEAN Stack
To further explain the approach, the MEAN stack's working methodology is built on the following concept.
- First and foremost, the client sends a request to AngularJS, which it collects.
- Following the preceding stage, the request is forwarded to Node.js, where it is interpreted.
- The presence of ExpressJS, which performs calls to MongoDB to set or obtain data, is the next stage.
- Now, Node.js sends the queries to the client, and AngularJS renders the results fetched from the processed request by MongoDB on the client-side.
When Can the MEAN Stack be Used?
MEAN is the best stack for building Node.js apps, whether you're building a high-throughput API, a basic web application, or a microservice.
What is the MEAN Stack's level of security?
The MEAN stack with MongoDB Atlas is recommended because Atlas comes with built-in credentials, a firewall, and end-to-end encryption, which is the ideal foundation for safeguarding your MongoDB.
Furthermore, the MEAN stack offers a clear three-tier separation that, when combined with quality standards and proper network isolation, should prevent your end-users from accessing your business logic and, more importantly, your database layer. As a result, your application is built to prevent harmful user behavior from placing your programme in danger (Query injection, code manipulation, port spoofing etc.).
MEAN stack developers' skillset.
1. Front-end and back-end processes should be the focus of mean stack developers. A MEAN stack developer must be able to collaborate on both the backend and the frontend.
2. HTML and CSS should be understood and worked with by MEAN stack developers.
3. Design architecture standards and a basic understanding of programming templates are demanded of a MEAN stack developer.
4. To get started with the MERN stack, you should have some experience with cloud technologies, continuous integration, and web development.
5. A MEAN stack developer should have a basic understanding of database architecture.
6. To be termed a MEAN stack developer, you must know the SDLC and expertise in an Agile setting, as well as collaborate with the IT team in designing dynamic support systems based on business objectives.
7. Finally, the aspiring MEAN stack developer should have familiarity with MongoDB, Express, and Node.js.
Lucent Innovation is hiring MEAN stack developers. Interested candidates share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MEAN stack has several advantages.
1. Allowing for the development of a simple and open-source solution that can subsequently be used to construct strong apps and a system to manage maintainable solutions.
2. The MEAN stack is a tried-and-true technology for quick development and integration.
4. The MEAN stack has the added benefit of using a single, standard language to cover virtually every aspect of application development.
5. The MEAN stack has very low overhead and leaves little or no footprint. It also aids in the avoidance of needless groundwork and the development of an application in an ordered manner.
6. With a cross-platform write-once approach, MEAN apps can be used in a variety of ways. MEAN is most suited to real-time applications, particularly those that run natively in the cloud and single-page (dynamic) web apps developed in Angular.js, but it can also be utilized for other scenarios, such as:
- Tools for managing workflows
- Sites that aggregate news
- Applications for to-do lists and calendars
- Interactive forums
MEAN is the best stack for building Node.js apps, whether you're building a high-throughput API, a basic web application, or a microservice. Because all of the MEAN stack components are open source, they provide a generous, cost-free opportunity for developers.
MongoDB is a cross-platform, open-source database with a NoSQL approach. You should also be able to comprehend why ExpressJS is referred to as a mature, flexible, and lightweight server framework. We have become familiar with the MEAN stack's architecture and how things are processed. The MEAN stack's entire concept is centered on the nature of projects and how well various technologies collaborate to meet those demands. MEAN stack is user-friendly and an excellent choice for creating dynamic and powerful websites and applications.
Lucent Innovation tries to keep itself updated with the latest and advanced technology trends incorporating them into our work culture and better business results.
Lucent Innovation is a full-service software design and development company and an expert e-commerce solution provider. We create custom applications for our clients leading to an improvement in the efficiency, increased growth and profitability of the business. We also build e-commerce websites that are ready to sell, scale and grow. We at Lucent Innovation have the talent that creates robust front end applications with the latest trends.
Contact us for your next project!
Also read: How to become a successful blockchain developer in 2022?